Monday, January 16, 2012

Welcome Winter Canvas

Take a look at this gorgeous Winter Canvas.  After I put all the Christmas stuff away... I missed all the  sparkles!  I mean really, in PG we still have two to four more months of winter to look forward too so it's not like it's over any time soon!  that is when I decided to make this pretty Welcome Winter Canvas.


It's hard to see in the picture but the background is white with irridescent paint.  And there are lots of sparkling mica flakes that give it a shimmer.  The butterflies are sparkly too!  And the three white puff balls around the bow, are actually really neat flowers that I made out of organza and pearl beads. 

Let me know if you would like to sign up for this class!

Another note... I decided exactly where this canvas is going in my foyer.  and my plan is to make another one in a couple months that says Welcome Spring.  Then one maybe for summer??  and certainly one for Fall and maybe even Christmas.  This way we'll use the exact same size canvas for each of these projects but you'll always have one that matches the season we are in!

Now if that all sounds like too much, don't worry, there is no obligation to take all these classes.  Take any of them that you like.

I just thought it was a neat idea that once that nail went in the wall in that exact place in my foyer, there would always be a piece of art that I had made hanging there that matches the seasons. 


DATE:  January 23 (Monday)
TIME: 6:30 - 9:00pm
COST:  $25


Cheerio,
Kimi

No comments:

Post a Comment