Saturday, November 3, 2012

Christmas Cards I made today :D

GREETINGS!  Today I hosted my first club this fall!  It was super fun.  Thanks so much ladies for coming and creating with me!

I was inspired and made a few more cards.  Take a look.  :-))



This first card I cut the cardinal from the Tim Holtz Christmas die.  I love it!  I used lots of stains to get a vintage look and love the way the tag turned out in behind... so antique.  :-)



This card is again using the TH Cardinal but instead I put tin tape in behind for a different look.  I also used the Tim Holtz poinsettia die to make the poinsettia and colored it with Fired Brick Stain.  I also love how this turned out!



This card was a scrap lift from a baby card I made with cupcake liners.  I found these Christmas liners and have been wanting to make this card for about a month!  It's super easy and looks cool.  I cut the bottom off the cupcake liner and then use the ruffle part throwing away the round bottom.  I then stick it onto a card base using Sookwang tape.  I do this over and over again in layers with seven cupcake liners to get this effect.  Then I wondered what would happen if I stamped on a coffee filter and heat embossed it?  So I tried it and it turned out so cool!  I heat embossed it with silver powder and then sprayed the whole thing with red glimmer mist.  It looks really neat. 




For this card I used my Nativity Dreamweaver Stencil and stuck it to paper that was covered in Sookwang tape.  Then I stuck Gold Leaf on, removed the stencil then put green Glitter Ritz all over the base.  I matted it on black and I just love the effect the gold leaf gives.  :-) 




And finally this AWESOME card was made by my sweet and super creative daughter Trinitee!!  she was crafting with me this afternoon and came up with this gorgeous card.  Great job Trin!


Trinee and I hope you are inspired to create something Christmas today as well!
Kimi

PS-- I'm going to be posting info and emailing soon about my OPEN HOUSE weekend coming up at Scrap Therapy!  See you soon.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment