Thursday, December 30, 2010

Birds and more birds!

For some reason I've been creating LOTS with birds!  I picked up a Tim Holtz Birdcage Die cut and so it has inspired me with birds!  Take a look.

I cut the birdcage out with Early Espresso Stampin' Up! paper and then embossed it with Ultra Thick embossing powder.  Once that was dry I added some copper alcohol inks to make it look more rustic.  The background paper started out a cream brocade. But I stamped it with Watermark, then embossed with clear, then added early espresso ink with a sponge and misted a bit of turq. Glimmer Mist to finish off the vintage look.




this next card is bolder than my normal color palette.  but it was awesome to use up some old embellishments just sitting there!  I love the Top Note die cut with all the patterned paper in the background.




I do love this color combo.  It's a celery green and then the Not quite Navy from SU.  Very nice.  I used alcohol inks to create the background and then my Notably Ornate stamps from SU.  The fragment on the right side is from Tim Holtz and I added some alcohol inks to the back of it and then stamped 'friends' onto paper, cut it out the same size and glued it on.  I love this technique.



This last card is also with alcohol inks!  But this time I used coarse salt with it to give the pebbled appearance.  I also used the Bird punch from SU that I hadn't tried yet.  It's really beautiful.  I UT'd the bird a couple times to make it look real dimensional.

I'm working on my kids Valentine's class for January and will post that soon.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New year!!  Tomorrow is my 15th Wedding Anniversary!  and how did that happen when I'm only 30!! hehehe....
Hugs,
Kimi
PS-- Please be patient with my photography... I got this fancy new Nikon camera and still don't know how to use it!  I've really got to get better at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment